Peppermint Chocolate Cake
– 6 peppermint tea bags.
– 2 medium eggs, separated.
– 3 oz of chocolate.
– 2 cups of sugar.
– 2 cups of flour.
– 1 cup of water,
– ½ cup of butter, salted.
– ½ cup of plain yohgurt.
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
– Boil the cup of water in a small saucepan and add the peppermint tea bags.
– Remove from heat and leave for 5 minutes.
– Remove the tea bags, squeezing excess liquid into the pan.
– Return the tea to a boil.
– Place the chocolate and butter in a large bowl; then pour peppermint tea over the top.
– Whisk until melted; then stir in sugar and egg yolks.
– In another bowl, mix the baking soda and yohgurt.
– Add to the chocolate and butter batter, and mix thoroughly.
– Sift the flour and baking powder into the batter, and mix well.
– In another bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the batter.
– Pour into a large baking pan and Bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 45 minutes.
– Remove from oven.